Social media can be a bit of a minefield. There are so many options, many businesses just throw things out there ad-hock and hope for the best. However, there are benefits to establishing a weekly social media routine to promote your business. To help you not miss a beat as you manage your social media accounts, the team at The Whole Brain Group made this infographic to remind you about what’s really important.
These easy-to-follow, no-nonsense tips highlight the basics of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube & SlideShare.
Are you ready? Let’s start.
STEP 1: Define your audience
Identify your target customer’s demographic, including:
- Income Level
- Educational Level
- Type of Industry
- # of Employees
- Type of Business
STEP 2: Create shareable content
Keep these tips in mind:
- Keep posts 300-500 words
- Include a featured image and relevant meta description in your post
- Optimize posts to include target keyword
- Make sure you have a call to action
- Make sure you have a social sharing button
An easy way to make your content shareable is to make it visual!
People love to share stunning images. The best news is, they only take a few minutes to create — and you can even brand them with your own messaging!
STEP 3: Get your SOCIAL on
These tips will help you dominate Facebook.
- Figure out how many times you want to post a day
- Use paid ads to promote content, increase awareness and offer discounts
- Respond to fans
- Tag relevant pages if you’re discussing about them.
On twitter, you need to know these tips.
- How many tweets to send on daily. Tweets should include
- Blog posts circulation
- Content offers
- Call to action
- Attach image
- Retweet influencers
- Follow new people everyday
- Monitor keywords and mentions
- Respond to tweets
Linkedin is a different breed, here’s what you need to know
- Update your status a few times a week
- Scan industry groups a few times a week
- Learn to update your company profile
- Use linkedin to research prospects
Make sure you use these tips
- Share your content a few times a week
- Promote posts from influencers in your industry
- Circle new people everday
- Offer hangout sessions
- Make sure your posts are public
Pinterest will be useful when you use these tricks
- Add keywords in your pins
- Add boards clients would be interested in
- Follow new boards each week
- Make sure pins and linked back to your website
When marketing on youtube, keep this in mind
- Create a video that showcases your expertise
- Ask questions from fans and create videos to address them
- Add fun in your videos
- Use a videographer for events
Slideshare is a great platform. Here’s what you need to know
- You can use slideshare for
- Case studies
- Update your account consistently
- Find great posts and convert them to slides
- Don’t forget to credit source.